If you become a victim of car accident, you have to deal with one or more insurance companies. Thos auto insurance companies you will learn that they are very tight-fisted.
The fact is these auto insurance companies are there for making a profit. They make a profit by taking a premium from their customers and then spending as less as they can when insurance is claimed. They have plenty of tactics to delay, deny or minimise your claims.
What Is the Work of Auto Insurance Companies?
If you buy a car, you must have liability insurance. This insurance covers the injuries and the damages caused by a driver to others in an accident. It also includes medical bills, the bills for a car repair or needed even replacement and other expenses related to the crash.
There are also other insurances a car should have:
PPP or Personal Injury Protection
If you are in an accident, this insurance covers your medical expenses as well as 80 percent of your lost wages. A minimum of $2,500 has to be offered to you by the insurer if you want you can purchase higher amount. This insurance doesn’t depend upon if the accident was your fault or not.
UM/UIM Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist
This insurance comes into play if you are in a hit-and-run case, where the hit-and-run driver ran away. It also covers if the driver who hit your car doesn’t have insurance or his insurance is too low to cover your losses or damages.
You can also have additional insurances if you want to:
- Medical payments: This insurance covers medical bill as well as funeral bill irrespective of who is responsible for the accident.
- Collision: This insurance covers the repair bill or replacement bill as required if there is damage in an accident.
- Comprehensive: This insurance covers if anything other than an accident causes damage to your car.
- Towing and labor: This insurance covers the price for towing and also labor changes which are low.
- Rental reimbursement: This insurance covers your daily rental cost if your vehicle is being repaired or replaced.
Therefore, as you can see when you get involved in an auto accident, either you or another driver cause the crash; you might have to deal with your insurance companies as well as insurance companies of the other driver. You should hire an auto accident insurance lawyer, who has good knowledge of accident insurance and you relax after the accident, as rather than running, you would need rest. You can contact Levinson Law Group, who has expertise in dealing with such cases.